Executive Director, Governance, Risk, Compliance & Privacy
Garry Woods is a seasoned business technology, IT governance, risk, compliance and cybersecurity leader who has focused on the delivery of both business operation and IT solutions for over 20+ years. He has worked as a business and IT strategic manager, leading not only technology projects, but also business strategy development, IT GRC programs, process improvement, and change management. Garry has managed large as well as global teams and has held responsibilities for supporting applications and infrastructure environments across multiple sites.
Garry has consulted with and/or been employed by private, public sector, not-for-profit, and voluntary organizations, most of which were Fortune 200 companies. For the last 10 years, he has worked extensively with both business and IT leadership teams to develop strategic IT operational and governance assessments, application development/support and employee coaching, specializing in: helping teams gain alignment with the business visions improving solution creation and delivery, ands defined SLAs and strategies execution; changing organizational approaches and structures; and effecting post-merger integration for large and/or global organizations.
Garry has also served as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Denver within the Daniel’s College of Information Technology and eCommerce, focusing on business & IT strategy and IT operation & planning.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Enterprise Governance Information Technology (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Business Continuity Planning (CBCP)
- Harvard University
- Executive Certificate – “Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information Age”
- University of Denver
- S., Global Enterprise Management,
- Texas Christian University
- BS, Mathematic & Physics
- “Global Text Initiative – Information Strategy & Technology” By Dr. Donald McCubbrey and Garry Woods